Harknest is a city that most Harss's from the Noble Line have grown up in. The city is surrounded by a wall with only one entrance leading into the city and watch towers posted around the wall.
Harknest was formerly a village founded by Hunter Anderson many years before Darkness. The village eventually developed into a full town one hundred years after Darkness's defeat. The village was known for being very skilled in the hunting and killing of harks, and thus it adopted the name. Five hundred years after it's founding, the town was burned down by Addy Johnathon, a Fire Elemental. Rebecca Harss witnessed this. This became the reasoning for her foundation of The Swordsmen, which both hunts down Elementals and Mages as well as keeps the town of Harknest safe. Through the Swordsmen, it eventually developed into a city.
Families of NobilityEdit
Harknest has a two Noble Families. These two families have been around since the foundation of Harknest and have kept it around ever since. A good percent of the General's in the Swordsmen come from these two families, but it is not required to be of Noble blood to become a General. The two families are...
- The Anderson Family, responsible for the foundation of Harknest, and have a good reputation in the Swordsmen, having many of their family members being Generals.
- The Harss Family, Swordsmen Line, long time family friends of the Anderson's, and responsible for the foundation of the Swordsmen who have kept the city safe throughout many generations.
Harknest is a large city with a wall surrounding the entire city. It rests in a plainy area near a lake and river, with a forest on the other side of the river. Its buildings are made of stone and wood, stone being used for the base of the structures and wood being used for the main building. The streets are made of cobblestone with dirt on the side of the roads. The city has a system of underground tunnels used for emergency purposes that lead out of the city in the event that another catastrophic even similar to the Harknest fire happens. Entrances to the tunnel system are locked and spread around the city. They are only to be opened by Swordsmen.
The Harknest Swordsmen Outpost is the main Swordsmen Outpost, nicknamed the HQ as it was the first Outpost built. This is where off-duty Swordsmen stationed in Harknest will eat and sleep most of the time unless they have a home in Harknest. Meetings between Generals will be held here 1/5 of the time.
Fletcher's Family DinerEdit
A once small family restaurant that has grown in popularity over the years and is now almost always packed. Has some of the best food in Harknest. Famous for their pancakes. Run by the feline anthro Darris Fletcher and his family.
A Smithy residing in Harknest and the Swordsmen's main supplier of weapons. Forged Dark Harss's sword, the Eclipse, as well as many other blades for the Harss family. Run by Jeremiah Hance, a human who inherited the smithy from his father.
The Museum of HarknestEdit
Holds many artifacts from Harknest's past. Entry is free. It is located near the cityhall.
Holds a large assortment of books of all genres. Is open to the public, and has a lenient return policy.
Nest's Tree InnEdit
A medium sized inn across from Fletcher's Family Diner. Not the best Inn in Harknest, but most definitely not the worst, and usually will always have an open room or two.
Has been the home for the Anderson family for centuries. Has a small personal library in the manor, not as large as the Harknest Library, but has a decent amount of books
Has been the home for the Harss family for centuries. Throughout the Manor are portraits of past Leader's of the Swordsmen. There is also a small personal library in the manor, not as large as the Harknest Library, but has a decent amount of books.
Located on the shady side of city, well-known meeting spot among criminals. Run by Edward Whitley, a fox anthro who knows all about Harknest's criminal activity.
- If a Swordsman asks you to remove your mask, you must do so.
- The use of any sort of destructive magic inside the walls of Harknest is prohibited.
- The underground tunnel system is off limits to all residents and visitors unless given special permission or in the event of a disaster.
- The population of Harknest is mainly human and felinae. 45% of the population consists of humans, whereas 45% of the population consists of felinae.
- The other 10% is a mix of other anthro species.
- Harknest accepts both human and feline currency.
- The reason for the mixed currencies is due to the large amount of feline anthros who live in Harknest.